February 2016 - Psychology Month
To find out more about Psychology Month click here.
Multidisciplinary conference PTSD - Causes, Consequences and Responses
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador,
July 30-August 1, 2016.
We are inviting abstracts for individual oral presentations as well as for posters, panels (3 or more presentations on a given theme) or round tables (discussion sessions featuring short presentations by 3 or more speakers followed by audience participation) that explore a wide range of PTSD-related issues from any of a wide range of disciplinary, occupational, and societal perspectives.
We are pleased to welcome the following featured speakers to the PTSD Conference:
- Lt. Gen. Roméo Dallaire (Ret) - Canadian Armed Forces and Senate of Canada
- Amanda Lindhout - Kidnap survivor, bestselling author & humanitarian
- Rachel Yehuda - Traumatic Stress Studies Division, Mount Sinai Hospital School of Medicine
- David Diamond - Director, Center for Preclinical and Clinical Research on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, University of South Florida
- Allan Young - Professor, Division of Social and Transcultural Psychiatry, McGill University
- Terry Copp - Professor Emeritus, History, Wilfred Laurier University
- Terri Aversa - Health and Safety Officer, Ontario Public Service Employees' Union
Please consider attending and submitting an abstract.
For more information visit www.ptsdconference.mun.ca
Professor (Political Science/ Medicine)
Director, SafetyNet Centre for Research on Occupational Health and Safety
Director, Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Applied Health Research
Memorial University, St. John's, NL, Canada
PTSD Conference 2016
PTSD Conference brings together experts, stakeholders and members of the public with expertise and interest in PTSD.